Where is the online referencing tutorial?
The online referencing tutorials can be found in the Cite Them Right website. It covers the following areas:
- What is referencing and why it matters
- What sources are appropriate to reference
- How to avoid plagiarism
- How to insert citations into your text
- Incorporating the work of others into your writing
- Documenting the full reference details
- Assessments to test your knowledge
On entering the site, click 'Launch Tutorial' and the select the referencing style. For most course this will be Harvard, although some use other styles such as APA or MHRA. Please check with your tutor if you are unsure.
The tutorial takes around 60 minutes to complete. If you wish to save your progress or complete the assessment at the end, you will have to register for a personal account on the Cite Them Right website. This is not compulsory.
Further support is available in the referencing Libguide.
Library chat is available during term time Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Outside these hours, you can search our FAQs or submit a question and we will reply as soon as possible.